Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Pengorbanan cinta itu indah......

Puteri Gunung Ledang – The Princess of Mount Ledang. It’s a wonderful legend, with sad, sad love story between Hang Tuah of Malacca and Putri Gusti of Majapahit. Pengorbanan cinta itu indah - the sacrifice for love is beautiful.
I went to watch it this morning after having my breakfast at McD, and the post office wasn’t open, so I can’t post my stuff. Anyway come back to the story. I love it!!! The script is so beautiful, and the shooting techniques were great.
Before I watch the movie, I’ve never heard such smooth Malay spoken by anyone else. The words were like flowing in the air, light and meaningful……. Just love it, wonder where I can get the original script…
Everyone Malaysians should watch it, regardless of the race. Although there’s a bit modifications of the story in the movie, but the point is still there.
I remembered there was this lesson in my senior middle two year that my Malay language teacher told us the story. We were like ooh and aah, but after that I forgot it until Nik told me again.
It’s about Princess Gusti of Majapahit, met Hang Tuah the Admiral of Tanah Melaka and they felled in love. They made promises and Hang Tuah told the princess that he’ll find her but he didn’t so the princess went to Malacca, Gunung Ledang to wait for her lover. Because Hang Tuah told her before that he wishes to reside on Gunung Ledang. But Majapahit was under threat and the king, aka the princess brother wanted to marry her to the enemy only he found out that the princess is gone. So he seeks help at Malacca and said that the princess shall marry the Sultan of Malacca. The princess declined by giving the sultan very difficult tasks which is impossible or cruel to fulfil. Meanwhile, Hang Tuah couldn’t do anything even he masters very good martial arts cause, after all, he’s just an admiral. In the end, the princess didn’t marry the sultan, and the sultan felt humiliated and cursed the princess, whoever who sees her after dawn shall vomit blood and die……
Pengorbanan cinta itu indah……

No comments: