Saturday, August 28, 2004

I loathe being compared to others......

Life is never rosy, especially when you're being compared to others. It's so wrong, because two individuals are completely different physicals and different souls, with special qualities and passions towards their own lives.
Unfortunately, I'm always being compare to, for instance - my sister. Oh please, she's an earthling, while I'm a freak from Uranus. But my parents, especially my dad loves comparing us. He'll say, look at your sis, so hardworking, study until the wee hrs in the morn; your sis is putting a lot of effort in her studies; she did her best; she's so pitiful, always has loadful of assignments and projects and school work; she did her best to pass her exams; blah blah blah for miles n miles...... Well I'm damn fucked up everytime he does that. Making me feel so useless, as if I didn't put any effort in my studies; have no responsibility in my own life; didn't do any assignments. Bloody hell... Just the other night he compared me again to those who scored all 5As in the last sem and asked why didn't I score all 5. Damn... make me feel like my 3As are just another pile of shit... He never knows the effect of what he said or done has in my life, the impacts are so immense...
Well I salute this guy, but he lacks the knowledge of, that encouraging outstands pressuring. Especially when it comes to your own children. Luckily I formed my thought when I attended boarding school, life was challenging. I learnt to make my own decisions, to solve my own problems, experience with new things, and most important of all, learn from my own mistakes.
That's one big factor in my life, mistakes. I make mistakes, I take responsibilities, and I learn. And I fall, I get up and keep on going, afterall, life goes on.

No comments: