Thursday, September 02, 2004

Taste & Style

Yesternight Nik and I were discussing about some male friends' dressing style and their taste. And we realised that a lot of guys don't know how to dress, or they just don't care about anything as long as there're top and bottom. They don't care about colours, the fabric of the top and the bottom, whether they match or not. I found that rather saddening. My bro is one of them, whose wardrobe consist of a lot of nice and branded pieces but doesn't know how to match and look like he's wearing some pasar malam stuff.
Of course there are also a few who knows how to look good, and most librans naturally know how to look nice. Not because I'm a libran, but it's a libran nature to know what to wear and how to look nice, they know what suit them best. Ah, my dad has very great taste, for a man his age, he's consider good. And yes, he's a libran too... Speaking of this, Nik's dad and my dad has the same birthday. Both on the 27th of September and I'm on the 26th. Cool, huh?
Anyway, for Niki, age is a factor to her. I mean she won't go for guys younger than her, even if it's just a couple of months. She said she feels pedophilic. But for me, age is not a problem as long as there's no huge gap of maturity. Taste and style is a factor to me. I can't stand guys with no style and zheng taste. If it's just normal friends, then that's alright. But for a bf or something, he MUST have some taste and style. I always say that Niki is shallow to have care about age, well for me, to care so much about style and taste, I'm not sure whether I'm shallow or not. To me, as long as you know how to dress and your own style, you sure have got some personality.

No comments: