Wednesday, October 20, 2004

passion.

I was buying cakes, made of flour and brown sugar and butter and crushed peanut from the uncle. It cost 60¢ a piece. The weather was hot, business was fine. But the uncle was very cheerful. He doesn’t earn much. It’s just he himself, no helper. The way he was cooking and the way he treated his customer is what made me salute him. He was smiling and was very excited when he was cooking (or I thought he looked cheerful).
He enjoys what he is doing even he doesn’t earn thousands. What matters most is he likes what he does and people appreciate what he does. Looking at him made me think of my dad. He earns a lot, but he wasn’t happy. He no longer enjoys what he did, and he lost the passion towards his job. Though he retired now, and I no longer have that much pocket money, but in some ways, I’m really glad for him. At least now he really enjoys life. Relaxing, playing golf with friends, have some fruit juice ‘round the day, have some chocolates after meals, play with Poppy whenever he feels like.
One has to have passion towards everything in his life, he’ll only be happy that way. I suppose……. Cause I’m too young to talk bout that, ain’t I?

No comments: